Secondary Science Tuition in Singapore
Transitioning from Primary six to Secondary school can be a formidable challenge for any student. LK Academy's Confidence for Secondary Science Tuition in Singapore aims to instil a confident mentality which allows our students to succeed. Enrol your child in our secondary science tuition centre today.
Why is Confidence Important in Secondary Science Tuition?
At LK Academy, we believe that confidence is essential in both the spoken and written components of the exam, and that it is present in our daily lives. Thus, our Secondary Science Tuition Centre teaches the scientific principles while inculcating confidence among our students.
Lessons in our Secondary Science tuition centre are aligned with the MOE syllabus for public schools. Science paper segments are planned in such a way that the components are carried out in our classes in preparation for school assessments. Allow your child to discover the difference in Secondary Science Tuition today.
Why should we focus on Confidence? Confidence is the belief in one's ability to succeed. Improving the ability comes with being prepared. The same is true when learning Science. Thus, our Secondary Science Tuition in Singapore focuses on confidence.
At LK Academy, we believe that confidence is needed in both the spoken as well as written components of the exam and it is prevalent in our everyday lives.
Lessons are aligned with MOE syllabus for mainstream schools. Segments of the Science paper are planned such that the components are executed in our classes in preparation for school assessments. Let your child experience the difference in our Secondary Science Tuition today.
Secondary Science Tuition
With a fine-tuned blend of classroom based, tactile and visual learning, topics in our Secondary Science Tuition will be brought to life with tangible experience. This will enhance students' learning experience with confidence, as they work their way to 'N' and/or 'O' Levels through our Confidence for Secondary Science Tuition Programme. Enrol your child in our Secondary Science Tuition Centre today and let him experience the difference in learning with confidence.
The scientific approach to understanding and answering questions will be refined and enhanced through our Secondary Science Tuition. This allows students to identify keywords linking to various topics. In our secondary science tuition, students will sharpen their skill sets which will serve them well in their exams throughout their secondary school life.
With a fine-tuned blend of classroom based, tactile and visual learning, topics in our Secondary Science Tuition will be brought to life with tangible experience. This will enhance students' learning experience with confidence, as they work their way to 'N' and/or 'O' Levels through our Confidence for Secondary Science Tuition Programme.
Students will develop discerning skills in our Secondary Science tuition in order to be more critical of scientific experiments. They will hone their ability to question what variable is being manipulated and what variable is being measured. This deepens their knowledge of experiments and allows a scientific approach to experiments to be inculcated. In our Secondary Science tuition, students will be able to formulate reasons for scientific phenomena. LK Academy's curriculum will allow students to improve on inferring and analysing relationships between questions and methods used to answer questions. This allows them to make astute observations which aid in their understanding. Students will be coached on checking back to evaluate if their answers address the question adequately.
LK Academy will inculcate a mature and responsible mindset that learning continues outside of the classroom. Our goal is to develop motivated and confident students through effective Secondary Science tuition in Singapore.
Students in our Secondary Science tuition programme will be able to formulate reasons for scientific phenomena.
LK Academy's curriculum will allow students to improve on inferring and analyzing relationships between questions and methods used to answer questions. This allows them to make astute observations which aid in their understanding.
Students will be coached on checking back to evaluate if their answers address the question adequately.
LK Academy's Secondary Science tuition in Singapore will inculcate a mature and responsible mindset that learning continues outside of the classroom. Our goal is to develop motivated and confident students.
Throughout their Secondary Science tuition journey at LK Academy, we will also instill EQ skills which will definitely give our teens the self-awareness to handle themselves confidently in timed-exam settings.
This, we believe will prepare our secondary students to rise up to the challenge for their GCE 'N' / 'O' level examinations with Confidence!
The Scientific Endeavour
- Science is a study of our world and its properties
- Understand that there are various perspectives to scientific principles
Ray Model of Light
- Understand that light travels in a straight line and the ray model represents the path taken by light
- Explain how reflection is affected by different surfaces. For example, Smooth and Rough
- Understand how refraction is affected by different mediums
Models of Cells - the Basic Units of Life
- Understand the functions of the different parts of the cell
- Understand that cells are the basic unit of life in an organism
Model of Matter - the Particulate of Matter
- Understand that all matter is made up of small particles
- Understand that the particles of gas, liquids and solids are in constant and random motion
Transport System in Living Things
- Identify and understand the functions of different parts of the circulatory system
- Learn how the process of diffusion aids the movement of substances within an animal and plant
- Understand how Osmosis affects plants
Human Digestive System
- Identify and understand the functions of the digestive system
- Understand the various stages of digestion and the enzymes that support digestion
Understanding Diversity of Living Things
- Understand that biodiversity is vital for the stability in systems
- Constructing and using dichotomous keys to classify and identify different living things
Exploring Diversity of Matter
- Explore materials by their physical properties. For example, Density, Strength and Flexibility
- Classify various substances by their chemical composition. For example, Elements, Compounds & Mixtures
- Understand that elements are made of metals and non-metals
- Understand how substances in a mixture can be separated using various techniques. For example, Filtration, Evaporation and Distillation
Interactions through the Application of Forces, Energy and Work Done
- Understand how forces can affect a body. For example, Change of state, Change of size and exert pressure
- Identify energy as the ability to do work
- Understand that energy can be conserved and transferred
Transport in Living Things
- Understand the importance of a transport system in a multicellular organism
- Identify the parts of the circulatory system and their functions
- Analyse the process of diffusion and osmosis
- Understand the movement of substances in and out of a cell
- Understand the importance of the digestive system
- Learn to identify the vital parts of the system and the functions they perform
- Understand the role of enzymes in the digestive system
Sexual Reproduction in Humans
- Understand the transfer of genetic information through sexual reproduction
- Learn how the nuclei of an egg and sperm fuse to form another organism
- Understand that the organism receives its genetic information from its parents
- Identify the changes that occur during puberty
Issues on Sex
- Learn about the harmful outcomes of infections which are transmitted through the sexual reproductive system
- State the differences between bacterial infections and viral infections
Living Things in an Ecosystem
- Understand that an ecosystem is an interaction between communities and their environments
- Identify and analyse how structural adaptations and behavioural adaptations as well changes in the environment affect an organism's ability to survive
- Learn about the types of relationships that exist between organisms
Chemical and Physical Changes
- Understand how to read the periodic table
- Learn about the different chemical reactions. For example, combustion, cellular respiration and neutralisation
- Analyse the chemical reactions in terms of chemical formulas and equations
- Learn about the arrangement of atoms in Ionic and Covalent bonding and the properties of such substances
Introduction to Thermal Energy
- Understand the effects and real-life applications of the process of expansion and contraction
- Learn about the processes of conduction, convection and radiation, the factors affecting them and their applications in the transfer of heat energy
Visible Light Wave and Light
- Learn how we see white and coloured light
- Understand how the reflection of light is affected by smooth and rough surfaces
- Learn how to calculate the refraction of light as it passes through various mediums
- State the effects of refraction
- Understand electric charge, electric current, electromotive force and potential difference
- Analyse how circuits in series and parallel have different resistance calculations
- Learn how to draw and infer from circuits
What Parents Say
"LK has truly nurtured my child's interest genuinely to enjoy learning and understanding of the language. My child looks forward to class every week and looks forward to meeting with her teacher. A happy environment with the patient guidance of her teacher really enabled her to benefit academically. Not only that, she has grown in her personal development as well when it comes to having confidence to speak and express her thoughts well.
Her confidence had been slowly built to apply what she has learnt. She knows she can do it for her daily work and exam papers!"
Mum of Astor, P2